There is pet-friendly and then there is the Kimpton Journeyman Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The moment we set paw and foot inside Kimpton Journeyman Hotel, we were greeted and treated like royalty. Your dogs name on chalkboard dog shaped sign in the lobby area designated for nightly hosted evening wine happy yappy hour brings a smile to any pet-parent.
Wine for us and biscuits for Honey, had us ensconced on a plush sofa near the fireplace. Seemingly our own private concierge, Matthew was a bright light who was keen for conversation and kept the wine flowing. We also spent time getting to know Gabrielle who also made us feel at home and a wealth of knowledge of the area.
Once in our room, we were greeted with a porcelain dog with food or water bowl. Comfort is key and when staying at Kimpton Journeyman Hotel,
robes and slippers were available for use during our stay and the comfy bed hit a home run.
Honey enjoyed the window seat overlooking the neighborhood and taking our walk later, we made a quick tour in the same neighborhood towards a small park filled with dog walkers and runners.
Back at Kimpton Journeyman Hotel, we ordered a pizza to enjoy in our room from the hotel’s restaurant and called it a night.
Leaving the next morning, Matthew was there to send us on our way with water and treats. Honey and I give it four paws up and we will be back to experience Kimpton Journeyman Hotel
Again and again.
Visit their website and read about their pet policy here:
OK, we admit it. We have an animal attraction. Can you blame us? At every Kimpton boutique hotel, we invite you to bring your furry, feathery or scaly family member — no matter their size, weight, or breed, all at no extra charge. If your pet fits through the door, we’ll welcome them in. There’s more to our pet-friendly policy than just a no-fuss check-in and scratch behind the ear, though. We’ve got all the goodies you need to keep your pet pampered. Plus at certain properties our Directors of Pet Relations are on hand (or paw, as it were) to give you and your buddy a tail-wagging welcome.
Here are some more ways we love your pet:
• Everyone deserves a little respect. Your pet is welcomed by name. Sometimes, our Directors of Pet Relations might be there to greet you with a tail wag.
• A selection of hotel amenities and extras including plush pet-bed loaners in your guest room, food, water bowls and mats.
• A concierge list of nearby pet-friendly restaurants, parks, groomers and pet boutiques.
• Door hangers alert other hotel guests and staff that your cat, dog, or other beloved pet is in the room.
• Courtesy bags for walking your dog.
• No additional charge for pets, no deposit required
• No size/weight limit
• No limit on number of pets allowed